Rock Band @ Country Day
Our Rock Band camp will be featured at Country Day School the last two weeks of June (6/15-6/26) and the entire month of July (7/6-7/31), and will be led by Ms. Toni (URS Music Programs Coordinator), and her assistant, Mr. Will. With over a decade of combined experience teaching music to children, Ms. Toni and Mr. Will offer an all-inclusive music summer camp program (grades KG-9) like no other in the Pinellas County, FL area.
For each week that we are at Country Day School, we will be focusing on students in specific grade levels, so you need to register your camper for the grade they will be entering in the fall. There will be two weeks offered to grades KG-1, two weeks for grades 2-3 and 4-5, and one week for grades 6-9. See below for the dates we are with each grade level:
June 15th – 19th: Grades 6-9
June 22nd – 26th: Grades KG-1
July 13th – 17th: Grades KG-1
July 20th – 24th: Grades 2-3 & 4-5
July 27th – 31st: Grades 2-3 & 4-5
Daily activities include:
- Introduction to/foundations of the rock band instruments
- Instrument Exposure – assignments of instrument of focus for the program (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, voice, ukulele)
- Performance warm-up exercises and musical team building games
- Music theory – reading music, songwriting, & listening exercises
- Music history – music genres, artists/bands backgrounds, and more!
- Album cover design, band logo design, and arts and crafts where we will create your own instruments!
- Practice instrument of focus and work on individual song parts (taught by a professional musician!)
- Band Meeting and Practice – learn/practice songs by playing in a band!
(individual practice is applied in a group rock band setting – promotes teamwork, communication, listening skills, and more!)
Space is limited, so register via Country Day School’s website
by clicking the “Book Here” button below!
*Must create a summer site account prior to registering*
For more information, contact the Country Day Camp Director:
Coach Jared D’Alessio — email@example.com