Music All Day
Week 1: June 17th – June 21st
Week 2: June 24th – June 28th
Week 3: July 1st – July 5th
Week 4: July 8th – July 12th
The Music All Day Camp at Universal Rock school will be held the last two weeks of June through the first two weeks of July (6/17-7/12) and led by Ms. Toni and Mr. Steve. With over two decades of combined experience teaching music to children, Ms. Toni and Mr. Steve offer an all-inclusive music summer camp program (ages 5-11) like no other in the Pinellas County, FL area.
A typical day consists of:
• 8am – 9am:
Early drop off (if needed) – Drawing, Games, & Board Games.
• 9am – 9:30am:
Camp starts with performance warm-up activities – theater/music games & group warm up exercises.
• 9:30am – 10am:
Instrument Exposure Classes – Guitar, Drums, Piano, Bass, Vocals
Taught by a professional musician in that instrument. Learn basic playing skills, music reading.
• 10am – 10:30am:
Practice Instrument of Focus & Artwork – Students practice their individual song parts and are given drawing time to design everything a rock band needs! (Band logo, Album cover, etc.)
• 10:30am – 12pm:
Band Meeting and Practice – Learn and practice songs by playing in a band!
Individualized practice is applied in a group rock band setting – promotes teamwork, communication, listening skills, and more!
• 12pm – 1pm:
Lunch Break – Lunch is brought from home.
• 1pm – 2pm:
Active Recreation or Field Trip – Active activity encourages movement and physical fitness, which helps kids release stress and focus.
**Field trip schedule & fees located below**
• 2pm – 3pm:
Band Practice – Second Practice Session of the Day!
Music All Day Camp Ends/Parent Pick-Up.
Late Pick-up (if needed) – Movies, Games, or Additional Band Artwork.
Every Session Gets
- Introduction To & 101 Classes introducing the foundations of each instrument
- A chance to play and learn about all the instruments offered in a rock band (guitar, bass, drums, piano, voice)
- Assignment of one specific instrument which will be their instrument of focus for the program
- Daily band practice – Play in a real band!
- Music Theory – Reading music, songwriting, & listening exercises
- Music History – Music genres, artists/composer backgrounds, etc.
- Album cover design, band logo design, & other artistic activities
- Team building games, indoor/outdoor activities, and music games & activities
- Fun & exciting field trips to local attractions